News Ticker
  • Minecraft Server 1.19 is Live!
  • Monster Hunter Sunbreak Out Now!
  • WoW Season 4 Starting 8/2/2022

Black Desert Online

System Daemons

Classic wow? Will you play?

kyaras

Hey guys! Sorry hadn't been around lately. Been on a vanilla wow kick for awhile now. Just been so bored with most of the other games I've been playing lately. I'm currently playing on light's hope private vanilla server. Got 4 characters, because you guys know I'm an altoholic, on their lightbringer pvp server. If anyone's interested hit me up on here or in game. I am just playing here till blizzard releases their classic realms. Then, I might be rerolling playing on whatever server they have available. This is assuming blizzard actually releases a vanilla server that's not some shitty version of what they have now. Having fun, not going hard or crazy. I just wanted to let you guys know where I am and all lol.

Edited by kyaras
  • Like 1

Hey man, great to hear from ya!

I will check out the vanilla servers, no idea how long I will stick around, but I would like to explore the world and all other early game content. 

It sounds like most of the other guys with a WoW background will be checking it out as well. 

Yeah, code, I think you'd like the exploring aspect of the game. There's times while leveling where you'll be doing a lot of exploring just to complete quests/find new quest hubs so think you'd like seeing that part of the game. Dungeons are hard and you'd have to make friends if you want to run them. I don't know how long you'd stick around and that's cool I understand, but classic wow has been a lot more fun, in my opinion, than current wow. Thats just one example. I was just feeling bad about not being around lately and wanted to drop a post to let you guys know I'm still around and all. 

The lightbringer pvp server has about 5-7k people on it right now. They're fixing to merge it with the pve server in June so that may increase the population another 1k people altogether. Yeah pretty excited about the classic server from blizzard just unsure if they're gonna make it old-school vanilla or cupcake wow like it is now. Anyway, I'll try to get on tonight if I get the time and talk to you more about it if you or others are interested. I'd be willing to level with some guys, too, just because the games more fun when playing with others. Conversely, you can level solo, too, it's just harder more grinding etc.

Edited by kyaras

• 2 months later...

Just an update. The people responsible for the lights hope.org vanilla wow servers are merging the low population pve server and pvp server into one pvp server lightbringer and creating a new fresh pvp server Northdale which releases June 23rd. I'm considering rerolling horde since their pvp racails are so good and in general the horde has a better community compared to the alliance. This is likely the last chance to experience vanilla wow before Blizzard's release of their server which is currently unknown(I know big surprise, right?). If interested in hanging out, casual leveling with me hit up on here or in game on Saintluke or Kyaras-I don't know if those names will be available on launch. Peace out!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. Lights hope launch of a fresh vanilla wow pvp server called Northdale is happening June 23rd 4 AM PST/7 AM EST. If the server is overloaded, which it probably will be, they'll be opening another server called silver hand to compensate for the extra players. I'll probably be playing that day if only to reserve names for my characters because I'm off the next 4 days from work. Will pop in today to see if anyone has questions or wants to hangout. I normally roll alliance but rolling horde this time around. I'll be rolling horde shaman/warrior at the start with likely other alts to farm gold/resources. Also, they will be running a stress test at around 5 PM EST

Edited by kyaras