News Ticker
  • Minecraft Server 1.19 is Live!
  • Monster Hunter Sunbreak Out Now!
  • WoW Season 4 Starting 8/2/2022

Black Desert Online

System Daemons

PixARK: Found out what happened to CubeWorld.

Ha'boo

ARK with a Minecraft/Cubeworld skin. Really milking the IP out of this one. Early Access Date: Mar 27th Midnight PST

Same people who develop Dark and Light. Appears to have same systems as ARK for Taming and Building but with Voxels. Also, the magic and world building elements from Dark and Light.

I'll pick it up, if it is priced well for early access.  

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/593600/PixARK/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJt3cav_RJGK3J0Ot9tF2g/videos

Edited by Ha'boo
  • Upvote 1

Wow! I will be picking this up as well as long as its not over the $30 price. 

I dont know how I feel about Wildcard putting out all these... figure reskins is the bed name for it. I suppose I cant trust them to commit to a single game. 
At least, my hope is, there wont be as many optimization issues with this one. 

1 hour ago, coden1ke said:

Wow! I will be picking this up as well as long as its not over the $30 price. 

I dont know how I feel about Wildcard putting out all these... figure reskins is the bed name for it. I suppose I cant trust them to commit to a single game. 
At least, my hope is, there wont be as many optimization issues with this one. 

From the Steam page Snail Games USA is developing and publishing it. Same people doing Dark and Light. But it seems Snail Games is a Japanese company and owns Wildcard. So ARK as a IP.

From what people are saying its $29.99 but don't know. I believe ARK was $25 or $29. 

Reference: https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015 

1 hour ago, coden1ke said:

I dont know if these is any real relation to this game a CubeWorld, but I do find it interesting that the default map name is CubeWorld_Light. 

I don't believe so but that's funny.

Someone make me want this game.
As an avid fan of Minecraft, and a somewhat fan of Ark, this should entice me but just hasn't yet.
Then I watched some moronic video explaining "rare and cool things you can see in PixArk" and proceeded to show me a T-Rex.. who would've thought?

Is there a purpose/objective to the game, or is it just a sandbox?
-or-
Is it Ark, pixelized/cubed, and that's it?
or both

Edit: Decided it'd be less douchey if I watched the videos attached - looks pretty neat.

Edited by Azrelix
Why not?

3 hours ago, Azrelix said:

Someone make me want this game.
As an avid fan of Minecraft, and a somewhat fan of Ark, this should entice me but just hasn't yet.
Then I watched some moronic video explaining "rare and cool things you can see in PixArk" and proceeded to show me a T-Rex.. who would've thought?

Is there a purpose/objective to the game, or is it just a sandbox?
-or-
Is it Ark, pixelized/cubed, and that's it?
or both

Edit: Decided it'd be less douchey if I watched the videos attached - looks pretty neat.

It's a sandbox, so build, gather, tame, what ever you want to do.

It's a combination of ARK, Dark and Light, and Minecraft all in one.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, coden1ke said:

I dont know if these is any real relation to this game a CubeWorld, but I do find it interesting that the default map name is CubeWorld_Light. 

Stumbled on this thread shortly after purchasing PixARK.  I posted a similar discovery on reddit - about the CubeWorld files and folders within PixARK.  Downloaded CubeWorld (no updates in a long time...wow...I had to dig up an old email to find my Picroma account name and password) and checked their files, but it's a really really old client and there's not really much there unless you can open the *.db files.  I don't know if it's the same CubeWorld from 2014...but SnailGames is pretty much smashing IPs and code together here.

6 hours ago, StrifeRaZoR said:

Stumbled on this thread shortly after purchasing PixARK.  I posted a similar discovery on reddit - about the CubeWorld files and folders within PixARK.  Downloaded CubeWorld (no updates in a long time...wow...I had to dig up an old email to find my Picroma account name and password) and checked their files, but it's a really really old client and there's not really much there unless you can open the *.db files.  I don't know if it's the same CubeWorld from 2014...but SnailGames is pretty much smashing IPs and code together here.

I went through a similar experience trying to launch up Cubeworld a few months back, granted I didnt stick around long due to no new content. 

Whether or not if there is a relation between the two games, PixARK has that Cubeworld feel and I am a fan.