• Minecraft Server 1.19 is Live!
  • Monster Hunter Sunbreak Out Now!
  • WoW Season 4 Starting 8/2/2022

Black Desert Online

System Daemons

Kickstarter forever subscription

Ojore

Hey Everyone,

Attackroot will be putting a more in depth review on what is coming, but since they have now finally announced Beta 1 coming in early July I wanted to go over an important topic about monthly subscription; First a few of us backed the game a few years ago (not as many compared to Ashes of Creation, I only know of Attackroot, Balstan, I believe Falkirk and myself) for subscription forever what that means in Camelot unchained is instead of a $15 or whatever payment per month the first 3 years there is no sub at all and every year after that it will cost 1$ for the year. Now that was a long while ago and you would think that it is no longer available but based on the stream today announcing the beta 1 official date (attack will give more info on that) the owner stated that the unlimited package will still be available to buy up to Beta 1. Now I don't know the cost of it now compared to then which could be way higher than you would ever pay so take it with a grain of salt and we don't know if that means through beta 1 or until July right before beta 1 but it might be something to think about. This game if it provides everything they talk about could be the biggest pvp battles, biggest group scenarios, and biggest open world experiences without lagging like most others and seems like mainly action combat (Ashes of Creation is also supposed to have huge open world type scenarios and a unique world progression system just like Camelot but we have no idea on lag for that game either one might be better than the other and Lag could be the killer of either or both games). The lag is being tested in Camelot a lot since it is a key feature when they started and they are building their own engine for that reason, unlike most others like AOC they are using the unreal engine which might not be able to handle the amount of people, we will see if one or if both can do it right or deliver. But with the 3 main games Warpigs guild is keeping close eye on as an MMO (Ashes of Creation, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall) there is a good chance this could have the best game play experience, we don't know yet since none of us have seen it or played it. Right now based on actual playing and/or seeing Crowfall looks like the most action combat but AOC looks like the most intricate with dual classes but that is also up in the air until we can play them both. Also Crowfall isn't done so it could be more intricate than we know especially since it is also still in beta and they have mentioned a pretty robust leveling system that is supposed to be added. What we do know is AOC will have some part of tab targeting which could be the killer for us since we lean more towards action combat (examples would be Wildstar and Black Desert Online) and I could be wrong but I don't remember Crowfall having any tab targeting Haboo might be able to fill us more in on that, so we will see. But back to Camelot, this game could be amazing, but totally understandable it is hard to back something that you have no idea if it will be good or not. 

So from March'ish time frame they will be adding more and more features to the game up to June 12th where they have stated will be the finished build for Beta 1 (beta 1 ISN'T a finish build at all but t looks like a lot of combat system will be in place just not the specifics of talents most likely) which also gives Attack and myself to go in the game and review as much as possible and if you are interested in going after the unlimited sub package it will gives us some time to see if it would be worth it since we have already paid for it. We are both alpha backers so we can go in and test/play what the game will look like before the deadline if it is July 4th. Now if the deadline is longer than July 4th they stated that Beta 1 will at first have limited NDA (they stated you can stream some of the content during limited NDA, but examples of when you can't would be times like stress test, etc they want to have a fair shot at making large scale perfect and flawless before people get turned off unfairly) and no NDA farther into beta 1, so that would give us even more time to stream it for you and see if it is something you would be interested in. So please let me or Attack or both know so we can specifically give you updates before the time is lost since if this turns into the game or if we play a couple of main games and this is one of them it might save you money in the long run. I know a few others were interested in the game like Code1nike, but you might not be interested in paying the bigger amount upfront especially if you have no idea if this game is going to be worth playing.

I know that most of us have been very bored lately with no real game we can sink time in and/or enjoy (that doesn't mean we have nothing to play but I believe most of us are really wanting a new MMO to sink a lot of time into rather than just a game we can play a couple/few hours and be done and not really be that satisfied on what we just did), in saying that I will be asking Attack (I'm sure in between his and my schedules we can fit a little time) to getting in there finally to give more actual game play in depth reviews, which other than the few times individually jumping in just to see a few things since the product was soooo far away from release that the combat wasn't even in the game. So here is finally the chance after like 4+ years to see what this game is really about, but expect sometime in March together we will start jumping in to see the new features, give some feedback (without breaking NDA) and while the game progresses before that June 12th date we can share more and more with what we think. Pretty positive we will both start to stream during the none NDA timelines as well, so you can see it from both views, but for now if you are interested in the game let us know so we can give you the feedback and you have more to go off of before making or not making a decision. 

Last there was a post (sorry Attack if you were already going to post this) from Massively Overpowered about the interview of beta 1 http://massivelyop.com/ if you want to read what they had to say. Again look out for Attacks more in depth review of what was said in the live stream today announcing beta 1.

Oj 

• Upvote 2