• Minecraft Server 1.19 is Live!
  • Monster Hunter Sunbreak Out Now!
  • WoW Season 4 Starting 8/2/2022

Black Desert Online

System Daemons

CPU Miner Coin - Raven Coin

Ojore

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the first Dev meeting for RVN (not all devs but a few key members).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229759246?sr=a&t=1s

Oj

After viewing the first part of the stream there are a some interesting items they talk about; for example they are looking at making a 1 click pool which means a miner can open the program possibly built into the wallet, click the pool button and anyone mining close to you will click on to your pool and help mine the blocks. Of course that could be a pipe dream but that is an interesting idea, but no matter what this seems like a very smart bunch of guys when it comes to blockchain tech. I still really like this coin BUT it also seems it will be a long time till it hits exchanges because of how they are developing this coin. This is just like bitcoin when it launched it wasn't on exchanges at first it was developed a lot first then an exchange was created to hold bitcoin. so we will see!

Edited by Ojore
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

To give an update on this coin it is getting pretty large, including confirmation that owner of overstock has put money towards the development of this coin. based on all this news and still not on exchange yet, right now the coin is being sold thru private escrows from 5 - 6 cents that seems huge. It is very possible it will be over 10 cents once it hits exchange and possibly much higher if development comes up with some good progress. I stopped mining it for a few weeks but have been back for a few days now, it is definitely harder to get coins but I would suggest to keep going after it, mainly because if this keeps getting bigger this could be much more than 10 cents it could be $1 or more pretty easily. Of course the only issue is how many max coins means at a $1 per coin would be a massive market cap, so it could be a little stretch but that is the same thing they said about Ethereum and bitcoin at one time so take that with a grain of salt I'm very bullish on this coin.

Oj

Ok, so the day has come that an exchange has been added for RVN or ravencoin. It is a decentralized exchange what that means is unlike a Bittrex, coinbase, Kraken, Binance, etc. there is no third party that holds on to your funds (for example with bittrex they would hold your funds in their wallet that is created for you when you sign up, also when you do a trade/sale the third party then controls the transaction. Instead with a decentralized exchange you hold on to the wallet and the transaction is directly with the buyer. The exchange would then be more of an escrow company rather than a third party exchange). Here is a good post that explains the difference https://steemit.com/exchange/@nyinyinaing/decentralized-exchange-vs-centralized-exchange. It is a safer way to use an exchange because unless you personally get hacked there is no way for your coins to be lost. 

The exchange is crypto-bridge https://crypto-bridge.org/ - if you decide to create an account just make sure that you copy and write down the long generated password there is no way to recover it if you lose that.

To get back to the price as of now it is worth 4 cents with about 23K worth of volume which is a lot since it was added for 1 day. I see this getting to 10 cents pretty quickly but I will keep an eye out on it. For now I suggest you keep mining till you are no longer getting them.

Oj

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha Code! By the way already announced that in 8 months there will be a planned fork of the Ravencoin this is to add the assets development. This could be when this coin takes off, so by the end of the month. Here is the exact announcement

"Someone asked about forks via DM - there is a planned upgrade fork in 8 months or so. It will be well planned, tested and announced in advance so everyone can easily update miners with plenty of time. This will add the asset creation capabilities into the protocol - it will not affect existing balances or addresses in any way and will not change coin supply etc." 

"From @BruceFenton Well the fork is an upgrade fork not a project fork --- so it's not going to result in 2 coins. Hard forks after this will depend on lots of factors -- some things can only be done via hard fork - best way is as upgrades and with lots of notice and time for testing- Monero forks every six months for example the fork adds the capability to create assets on the chain - once added then thousands of assets can be created & no new fork is needed for those no matter how complex or how many"

I know even I'm not getting too much more but every coin will count. I would suggest to keep mining it to get every last RVN coin you can get! On that note there was an announcement today on twitter and discord 

This is really good news could bring a lot more attention to this coin and could help with price. This will show the dates like the Oct date for development, this could be huge!!!!

Oj 

• Upvote 1

There was a web page or wiki type page created to show all of Bruce Fenton (this is main creator of this coin) and the lead Dev Tron talking points over the past couple of months from Discord and Telegram apps. There are some really good comments, I really really like this coin. I'm not saying we will be rich but if based on these comments come true this could be really big. https://raven.wiki/wiki/The_Fenton_Files

Here is my take; there are big flaws in Ethereum per many that have talked about it, if you don't know what ETH is it is one of the top 5 coins and I believe the 2nd oldest coin that already does similar to what RVN is creating, but due to these flaws there are 5 or 6 different coins trying to duplicate it in a different way. In other words trying to make a better ETH, based on the other duplicate coins (not ETH at this moment so don't think it will be worth what ETH is) I find this coin being better than the others. My main reasons are it has a lot of dev backing, with a few very influential people in the space backing it and it is developing very quickly. There are update after update on this coin and they have already pretty much told us the road map, you can't say the same for most of the other coins doing this. It follows ETH where they have a lot of development and it also grew very quickly but they grew when crypto had a very small total market compared to today. ETH once the market got bigger grew in value even with the flaws that are still known (the flaws by the way from what I can understand is more on the growth in the blocks for how many tokens (erc20 tokens are granted for ever company creating a coin on their chain), again from what I understand it is some of the same issues that Bitcoin could have down the road due to the block sizes or mem-block sizes that is. I'm not sure why exactly ETH couldn't just fork to solve this when it becomes and issue like BTC could do but apparently it isn't that simple for them, maybe because there are already a ton of tokens already created but again not sure on the technical reason). Either way it is still a big project, in fact this coin got as high as $1300 - 1400, (again don't expect RVN to be this price and if it did it would be a long time to get to this stage so very far away) but if RVN grows and proves it doesn't have the same flaws due to it being on the bitcoin development and it already addresses the mem-block size it could get very interesting for this coin even in the short run. 

April 3rd is the roadmap and white paper and two things could and probably will happen; 1) the will happen part is that everyone will see now this is a legitimate project (at least perceptions for crypto is that if you have no white paper or roadmap you are not a real development, this is in my opinion stupid. Mainly because tons of crypto's write a simple road map or white paper and the coin never actually does anything but the first question of any non-miner crypto investor is where is the white paper or roadmap, this can be confirmed with my roommate who started investing before me and doesn't mine at all but always asks those two questions when he invests). 2) The could happen is that if what is written on both white paper and road map is in elegant form or well written that is, there will be a lot more serious investors buying this coin, even if it is not on a major exchange (keep in mind the 2 exchanges we are on are smaller than a Bittrex, etc but based on what I have read up on for example Crypto-Bridge is that it is a well respected decentralized exchange so that is a good thing). 3) it would also bring more publicity for the non-miners because right now it is mainly known because of miners. So if there are bigger investors most likely there will be bigger exchanges that will pick up the coin for all the reasons I already stated due to the extra volume. There is already a large amount of volume on crypto-bridge for this coin and there are not a ton of investors buying this coin at this moment. Only time will tell but the past couple of days we have had a big up tick in price and we will see if this continues to happen after April 3rd. 

Oj

Awesome - sure that would be great!

Code - do you mean how big this post is getting or what Awesome is creating?

Last - price is steady at .058 - .063 this is a good sign, it would be bad if it pumped yesterday and then it went back to .024 the next day. Let's see what april 3rd gives us!

Oj

Popular Topics

About us

Warpigs is a semi-hardcore multi game community, for both MMOs and other genres. Our core, which has largely remained the same, started back in 2014. Warpigs first got started in Wildstar and has since branched out to several other game including, Black Desert Online, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm as some of our most active games. We also have a strong internal following for both Dauntless and Ashes of Creation.

Warpigs function as a tight knit family-esque guild, which is not to say that our conversations are G-rated. Quite the opposite, but when you're one of us, we've got your back. Words fly pretty freely, and I'm always of the opinion that if you play an MMO, or any game with a social player base, you need thick skin and know not to take things personally. With that being said, we are a well organised and have a fairly mature membership, and as such we offer a very stable guild that we hope will be here for many more years to come.

Warpigs are dedicated to a friendly, team focused, fun-loving gaming environment where every member is important and not just a number on a roster. We seek to foster long term friendships among members and enhance the online gaming experience by virtue of those friendships.